You have heard me write in the past of the inflammatory and oxidative damage that refined carbs can cause. More and more we are discovering as you know that our nutrition influences our wellness or disease states by directly turning genes on and off. It is necessary to pay attention to the type of macronutrients and hence fuel that we put into our bodies to ensure optimal metabolic function.
So here you go! The top ten reasons to eat fewer carbohydrates:
- High carbohydrate diets lower HDL cholesterol and raise triglycerides.
- Carbohydrates raise insulin.
- A high intake of carbohydrates and sweetened beverages is associated with an increased risk of breast cancer.
- Carbohydrates, eaten in excess, raise levels of plasmogen activator 1, which increases the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Eating too many carbohydrates makes LDL cholesterol smaller and denser, and hence more dangerous.
- Eating a lot of starches and sugars raises levels of blood fats following a meal.
- Eating a lot of starches and sugars can increase the likelihood of a yeast overgrowth, a toxic bowel and an impaired ability of the liver to remove toxic materials from the body.
- Pregnant women who eat diets high in carbohydrates form smaller placentas.
- A diet high in grains like wheat will contain PHYTATES that reduce the absorption of valuable nutrients like calcium and zinc.
- Excessive intake of carbohydrates, especially sugar, will weaken immune function!
- Please take the time to pay attention to the QUALITY of the fuel that you put into your body. Poor quality is not without dangerous consequences!
Contact Giannotto Clinic to find out what other measures you can take for optimal metabolic function!